home Forums Academia and FYP Current Academic contents does not focus on software testing and QA!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Jari Mikael Laakso Jari Mikael Laakso 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Do you think is this the case? Is the GAP between industry and academia really due to this fact? There are around 11000 IT graduates coming out each year. But still there is a shortage of resources.

Need your thoughts here!

Profile gravatar of Amna Sherazi
    Amna Sherazi
    Participant

Yes I do agree. In most of the academic courses there is no course for QA. In some universities only a single course related to the SQA being taught but at the beginner level through which student didn’t get the basic aim of that field and rush to the QA field.

There should be proper course subjects through which student have the clear picture about the basic of each and every field of QA e.g. Security testing, Functional testing, Performance testing etc

Profile gravatar of Jari Mikael Laakso
    Jari Mikael Laakso
    Participant

There are academic courses focused on testing, but those are very rare compared to pretty much anything else computer-science-related. Then again, I haven’t seen much push for having courses about continuous delivery, any relatively new tools, or for example functional programming. Maybe not even OOP design principles. I am sure there are, but I haven’t paid enough attention to notice them.

Would be great to hear other opinions around the world!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.